Last year over at all things Fadra, Fadra had a post that got me thinking about my favorite Christmas songs. Off the top of my head I could only think of two that were really favorites but while looking for those songs I found many more that I love!
Here are a few of my favorites (click the artist’s name and it will take you to a YouTube video of the song):
1. Do you hear what I hear – Bing, Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams and Carrie Underwood
2. Oh Holy Night – Martina McBride
3. Blue Christmas – Elvis
4. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer – Gene Autry
I had this record when I was young. It was a 78 and was very scratchy but I loved listening to it!
5. Here Comes Santa Claus – Gene Autry
6. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
7. It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas – Bing
8. Silver Bells – Johnny Mathis
9. Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
10. Sleigh Ride – Johnny Mathis and The Boston Pops w/John Williams
11. The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
12. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Frank
13. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo – TRO
14. Mary did you know – Mark Lowery, CeeLo Green
15. I heard the bells on Christmas Day – The Carpenters
16. Silent Night – Johnny Mathis
17. White Christmas – Bing and Johnny Mathis
18. The Lords Prayer – Johnny Mathis
19. How Great Thou Art – Carrie Underwood & Vince Gill
There are really more that I love, but for me I need to listen the songs above at least once every season to get me in the Christmas spirit. I want to thank Fadra (Thanks!) for her post because I had a really good time looking for and listening to these songs.
What are some of your favorite Christmas songs? Please share in the comments!